UPCOMING VIRTUAL EVENT
JUNE 23, 2020 | 15:00 – 16:00
HELIOS will participate at the special AI4EU Café on Tuesday, June 23rd at 3 pm, titled “COVID-19 and Contact Tracing Apps”. On this occasion, the session, organised by Carmen Mac Williams from Grassroot Arts and participant of HELIOS, will be held on a new multi-presenter format with experts from both AI4EU and HELIOS project as guest speakers.
Please join this special event with an audience survey on this hot topic. At the end of the Café session, you may share with your opinion in an anonymous survey, what you think about contact tracing apps with respect to trust and privacy.
The agenda include the following presentations and speakers:
- “The AI4EU Observatory for the COVID-19 crisis” by Teresa Scantamburlo, from European Centre for Living Technologies
- “COVID-19: technical solutions and the response from society” by Atia Cortes, from Barcelona Supercomputing Center
- “The implications of digital contact tracing solutions in light of EU data protection law” by Pierre Dewitte and Daphné Van Der Eycke from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- “Tracing encounters instead of tracing people” by Ville Ollikainen from VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland (HELIOS Project Coordinator)
- “The decentralization of Social Media” by Barbara Guidi from University of Pisa and participant of HELIOS project
- “Proximity and trust in hyperlocal social networks” by Kevin Koidl from Trinity College Dublin and participant of HELIOS project
- “The relation between COVID-19 disinformation and contact tracing” by Symeon (Akis) Papadopoulos from Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH) and participant of HELIOS project
- “Dark numbers in the COVID-19 pandemic, testing and manual versus automated contact tracing” by Steen Rasmussen from University of Southern Denmark & Santa Fe Institute
Registration for free at: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7884589493590730253